Brad is going to be offline till next year,
I dont have the link for it.
baltobernie
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1973 Spider [sold]

Re: Rewiring Kits

Post by baltobernie »

PM me your e-mail; I'll send it directly to you.
whalford

Post by whalford »

Got it today - Thanks Robert!
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

I would like to know what others think about this. Unless the existing wire harness has visible evidance of burning up I would stick with it. Trouble-shooting the original wire issues should be easier than rewiring the car. IF one of the harness sections does look real bad, why not replace it with a good used one??
racydave

Post by racydave »

It probably depends what you have to work with. I repaired mine, but, thats my job. Bernie posted alot of good info on wire repairs and proper tools. In any case, its usefull to run another feed wire to un-load the factory feed wires, and relay the headlight-wiper circut. Also the ignition circut was hooked to new circut. 10 gauge wire should be more than adaquet, fused at the battery. Ever try to type with a cat on your lap? Bobb Katt wants to play...
bradartigue
Your car is a: 1970 Sport Spider

Post by bradartigue »

The site is being changed up I can email you the doc if you still need it.
whalford wrote:Argh! I haven't logged on in quite a while and the article isn't currently available on Brads site. Any chance someone has a copy they can email or PM?
wandersome

Post by wandersome »

Hi, I have a 79/80 cali FI car that hadn't been ran for 16 years and we were struggling to get the fuel pump running. this was traced back to a blown in-line fuse that was situated near the steering column that doesn't appear on any wiring diagram i have found. both the fuse holder and fuse had corroded with age so chopping in a new fuse holder appears to have solved the problem.

Mick.