Wiper motor connections

Gotta love that wiring . . .
pooldoctorstl

Wiper motor connections

Post by pooldoctorstl »

The previous owner of my car (1982) disconnected the 3 wiper motor plugs under the cowl and I reconnected them based on wire colors, but they are not an exact match on both sides of the plugs, but they are close. The wiring diagram shows wire colors to the plugs but not on the motor side. The motor runs, but I think I may have something wrong because I have intermittent wipers in the full on position of the switch (all the way down). I can get more details with wire colors and pictures but I am headed out of town on business and won't be back until later in the week. By the way the 3 plugs on the motor side are red, white, and black if that matters. And from the firewall there are two plugs plus 2 wires that are male and female. Can any one tell me which plugs/wire colors go to which plugs from the motor?
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Re: Wiper motor connections

Post by rlux4 »

Have you got Brad Artigue's wiring manual yet? If not, it's here: http://www.artigue.com/wpcontent/upload ... 0_1982.pdf
It shows two connectors, one of them is a double. six wire all together at the motor, but none of them are red. A red one does go from the column switch to the intermittent switch, but I've never had to locate it, so I don't know where it's at. (The intermittent switch, I mean, I do know where the column switch is. :lol:
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
pooldoctorstl

Re: Wiper motor connections

Post by pooldoctorstl »

Thanks Ron, but yes I have Brad Artigues wiring diagrams. The problem is that the wire colors on the motor side of the plug are not shown and they are different than on the car side of the plugs. I will take a picture and post it tomorrow to better show what I am talking about.