wiring 101

Gotta love that wiring . . .
pope

wiring 101

Post by pope »

When you clean the wire contacts on your Spider, lubricate each contact with a generous supply of dielectric gel. It stops future oxidation and stops voltage leaks. The gel won't degrade over time. The gel is nonconductive and won't cause adjacent contacts to short out.
The tune-up gel and the wire-bulb gel are exactly the same. Now, go clean those grounds for the last time.
mbouse

Re: wiring 101

Post by mbouse »

harumph !!

then, what will the next owner complain about after we're gone? :mrgreen:
amsiegel

Post by amsiegel »

Pope
Good wright up

Mike
Ha ha ha I was thinking while reading the post the other day about odd wires in the door that I would cut some old wire harness up and secure them in the corners inside the door, the trunk, and under the seat . This way if there is a next owner they will be goin WTF this this connector for
NitroDemon

Post by NitroDemon »

amsiegel wrote: Mike
Ha ha ha I was thinking while reading the post the other day about odd wires in the door that I would cut some old wire harness up and secure them in the corners inside the door, the trunk, and under the seat . This way if there is a next owner they will be goin WTF this this connector for
Haha very funny xD If I was the one who bought that car after having you do something like that, id probly be going insane with all the deadend wires X_X
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Post by rlux4 »

Pope, do you offer a course that prepares some of us for wiring 101?
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
azygoustoyou

Post by azygoustoyou »

I'm going to George's tomorrow to help the guys from North Jersey with his cars. I think I might take up my extra wiring harness. :lol: :arrow: :twisted:
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

Wiring 101 question: If the grease is non-conductive, wouldn't it prevent a good electrical connection? I would think you could use it to deter corrosion by using it after the connection is made, not on the spade connectors before. It's also good to apply around your spark plug boots so they don't stick to the spark plugs.
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
racydave

Post by racydave »

A good tight spade with a clean willing female will make a good connection, the grease keeps out oxygen and corrosion. I use it for bad hair days :P
pope

Post by pope »

Also, after you clean the inside of bulb sockets, wipe the bulb and socket with gel for a consistant connection. Stops moisture from getting there.
azygoustoyou

Post by azygoustoyou »

Pope,
You the man!!
htchevyii
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 Spider hers 1972 Spider his

Post by htchevyii »

I think if it was conductive then all your stuff would be arcing togeather in a multiple connection. Have seen that nasty yellow goo that Ford uses?
Trey
1982 SPIDER 2000, 1964 CHEVYII, 1969 Chevy Nova, 2005 DODGE RAM, 1988 Jeep Comanche
1972 Spider, 78 Spider rat racer 57 f-100,