Heater Fan

Gotta love that wiring . . .
RDSPYDR

Heater Fan

Post by RDSPYDR »

When I drove the car recently ( several weeks ago - as a matter of fact ) I went to turn the fan on and it made the most god awful racket. I decided to look into it this weekend, and found out why my hazard light didn't work. It seems it doesn't work very well with only6 one wire hooked up. I am going to pull the wiring diagram out tonight and see what goes were.

I don't have the fan about yet, just suveying the job. How hard is it going to be once I start the removal process ?

BTW - The PO obviuosly didnt do much electrical work, but I digress. Just one more thing to get done before spring rolls around. Although if I didn't have half the dash apart, I could've drove this weekend, a blistering 62 deg.
baltobernie
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1973 Spider [sold]

Re: Heater Fan

Post by baltobernie »

The fan blades may be striking the housing, or an insect nest, or ....

Once you get the console removed, all should be revealed. Then you're ready to post in the "things found in my Spider" thread :o
manoa matt
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat 124 Spider 1800

Post by manoa matt »

The heater fan has an alloy casting on the end with two "fingers" on each side. The fingers should have a rubber isolator on them. If the rubber parts are missing self adhesive foam will do fine. Weather stripping from the hardware store will do or EVA foam from the craft section at wally world or a craft store. Its likely the fan shround could have been dislodged.
TulsaSpider
Your car is a: 1978 Spyder 124 2L

Post by TulsaSpider »

When I got mine the retainer clips were missing and the blades were hitting something. You'll know when you get in there.
1978 Spyder 1800 make that 2L! Finally making real progress!