Vick's Lada gearbox output shaft configuration

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
msrichmond
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 124 Spider

Vick's Lada gearbox output shaft configuration

Post by msrichmond »

Does anyone here have the Lada gearbox from Vick?

If so, does it come with a rubber bushing and bushing on the back for going into the yoke of the driveshaft?

See: https://partlada.com/Gearbox/722-lada-n ... r-kit.html

If not, what did you do on installation?

Thanks!

MikeR
ward00
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1975 Spider

Re: Vick's Lada gearbox output shaft configuration

Post by ward00 »

There in an extensive discussion in multiple threads about Lada transmissions on the Mira site. My take away with trying to fit the transmission is that Vicks is selling it with either missing parts or that it is not compatible with the Spider driveshaft. I would avoid buying the Lada transmission from Vicks because of the uncertainty and lack of information from him.
75 Spider
75 Sport Coupe restoration
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Re: Vick's Lada gearbox output shaft configuration

Post by TX82FIAT »

What does Vick's have to say about it. I'm pretty sure I saw a spider with it installed and the discussion at that time was about the position of the stick shift and can't recall the drive shaft being discussed. In any event, has Vicks been responsive? I ask because this is something I have been considering for some time. A reportedly more durable transmission with the slightly improved 5th gear. It seams if you drive these cars hard and have a higher HP configuration the original transmission is a failure point. I've rebuilt two transmission over the last 20 years and would be very interested to hear how this works out for you.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban