What are popular seat belts to buy?

Maintenance advice to keep your Spider in shape.
warrenrhen
Your car is a: 1979 fiat 124 spider

What are popular seat belts to buy?

Post by warrenrhen »

The ratcheting on my is a royal pain
Cheers, Warren
79 124 spider
18 Dodge Charger R/T
20 Vespa 300 GTS HPE
F16Waldo
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1983 Pininfarina Spider

Re: What are popular seat belts to buy?

Post by F16Waldo »

Hi Warren,

I purchased a set from Seatbelt Planet a little over 2 years ago that I have no complaints about. (https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/ag-17816 ... eries.html) I did find that the anchor portion they included in the kit was too long for my tastes however. If I recall correctly, the set they recommend for the Spider uses a 15 inch long anchor. But when I put that in my car, the buckle slot was a couple of inches higher than original, and when buckled, rode on the top of the pelvis/hip area rather than the side. They have an 11 inch anchor that I think works much better. Now the buckle slot nestles nicely between the center console and above the seat surface and presses against side of hip when buckled.
Note: if you install the anchors and then don't like them, they will not accept returns on products that have been installed at all. I had only installed one of the anchors when I realized they were too big for my tastes so originally they were only going accept return on one of them. To their credit, after much haggling they did finally agree to accept a return on both of them...but be aware of what their stated policy is.

Good luck!
Waldo
Damsels Rescued...Dragons Slain
warrenrhen
Your car is a: 1979 fiat 124 spider

Re: What are popular seat belts to buy?

Post by warrenrhen »

Thanks for the advice
Cheers, Warren
79 124 spider
18 Dodge Charger R/T
20 Vespa 300 GTS HPE