Freakout in California

Shows, meets, organized drives, club info
geospider
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1979 Spider 2000

Freakout in California

Post by geospider »

Ok, so I am 3 years into the Fiat world.
has the Freakout been in Ca? If not, when the hell will it be?
great places around here for it
Geo
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Re: Freakout in California

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

I'm not very familiar with the Fiat Freakout (other than having heard of it), but it seems to be an East Coast or Midwest event. See: https://fiatclubamerica.com/past-fiat-f ... b-america/

Not sure why this is, but it could simply be that it depends on having a group of people willing to organize it, and that historically has been folks on the East Coast or in the Midwest.

All those in favor of having Geospider organize the next Freak out in CA, please say "Aye." Aye! :P

-Bryan
SteinOnkel
Your car is a: 1978 124 Spider 1800

Post by SteinOnkel »

Aye
18Fiatsandcounting

The "Ayes" have it. Geo, you're in charge. Godspeed to you. Or May the Force be with you. Whatever works.

-Bryan
toyfiats
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat Spider

Post by toyfiats »

18Fiatsandcounting wrote: Not sure why this is, but it could simply be that it depends on having a group of people willing to organize it, and that historically has been folks on the East Coast or in the Midwest.
That's exactly the reason why. Historically it's up to a region to submit a proposal for a location, and then the board chooses one for that year, based on any number of factors. The first "problem" is that FLU never really had a California chapter - there had been overtures to work with Fiat America, which is based in the Bay Area, but my recollection is that they weren't much interested in cooperating, as they were and are their own club, and have their own activities. So there never was much traction to having it out here, as many people on the East Coast simply wouldn't come (it is a big country, after all, as I was reminded when I drove there for the event in '94). There was some talk about having two, one east and one west, but again, it takes a cadre of volunteers to get it done, and even then, having two kinda defeats the goal of getting everyone together. I forget the year, but I think the farthest west the FFO ever got was somewhere in the Ozarks, and if I recall attendance was down from previous years (but all indications were it was still a good time). There was also one in Michigan, which was a boon to the many folks from Canada that typically attend.
18Fiatsandcounting

More on the topic for those who are interested:
https://velocetoday.com/fiat-freakout-a ... b-america/

-Bryan
SteinOnkel
Your car is a: 1978 124 Spider 1800

Post by SteinOnkel »

"it takes a cadre of volunteers to get it done"

Lol, well that settles that then. We can baaaaarely get together at a brewery. And even then, only like 50% of the cars that show up are actually Fiats :D
18Fiatsandcounting

SteinOnkel wrote:We can baaaaarely get together at a brewery. And even then, only like 50% of the cars that show up are actually Fiats :D
That's because we're always fixing them! Ooops, did I say "fixing them"??? Errrr, I meant, "improving them"! "Upgrading them"! "Scheduled Maintenance"!! Yes, that's what I meant. :D

-Bryan
scrapironchef
Your car is a: 79 Spider

Post by scrapironchef »

SteinOnkel wrote:"it takes a cadre of volunteers to get it done"

Lol, well that settles that then. We can baaaaarely get together at a brewery. And even then, only like 50% of the cars that show up are actually Fiats :D
I'll be there once my comes down off the jackstands!
FiatFarm
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 BC Sport Coupe

Post by FiatFarm »

The California based club Fiat America always puts some club events together around the Concorso Italaino and Monterey Motorsports Reunion, during the annual Monterey Car Week.