Control arms for my 71 spider

Suspension related stuff goes in here.
Budduncan
Your car is a: 1971 Spider

Control arms for my 71 spider

Post by Budduncan »

Are control arms, upper and lower still available from Auto Ricambi or Vicks? I am on the west coast and they are closed. My car is in the shop and I am informed I have a shot lower right control arm. I will bring it home for the long weekend and try to figure out what to order. Any suggestions are welcomed. What else should be replaced at the same time? I have a nice old 71. thanks
Bud
Budduncan

Re: Control arms for my 71 spider

Post by Budduncan »

I have learned more. AR only has a left lower control arm, and I need a right lower. Vicks has a complete set of arms and ball joints that are probably the way to go and the price seems reasonable, although there are more parts than I need. All I really need is a lower right control arm. Before I order the complete set, I am open to suggestions or if anyone has a lower right arm in good shape I would consider that solution. Both Vicks and AR tell me that the original parts are no longer being made in Italy for about the last 1.5 years. They cannot even get a response from the shop that made them. Stay tuned. Thanks.
Bud
geospider
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1979 Spider 2000

Post by geospider »

you can always check ebay. I have seen individual parts on there a lot. then refurb with new ball jts and bushings.
Budduncan

Post by Budduncan »

Found one on the east coast and it is on the way. Thanks,
Bud