Rear-side window trim

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
dreavis
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 1800

Rear-side window trim

Post by dreavis »

There is a smallp iece of trim the runs below the rear side glass windows (between the window ad the body) It has a rubber seal with it.
Well, the other day I opened the passenger door and this piece of trim was sticking straight up in the air. Apparently it is only connected because the trim piece sits tightly on the body beside the window. There appeared to be a couple holes in this trim. I was wondering, can anyone tell me how this is supposed to be attached to the car? The holes made me think there might have been rivets, but couldn't tell. It has never popped up before, but it came up and off so easily that I assume it's been like that since I got the car about a year ago.

Thanks!
80spiddy
Your car is a: 1980 spider 2000

Re: Rear-side window trim

Post by 80spiddy »

It just presses on tight to the body flange. Problem is, if not secured tight, the trim comes up when the top is raised due to window/glass/rubber binding against each other.
dreavis
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 1800

Re: Rear-side window trim

Post by dreavis »

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it. I assumed there had to be something holding it down, but I guess these cars are full of surprises. :)