Swapping 80mph speedo with 120mph speedo

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
amawds

Swapping 80mph speedo with 120mph speedo

Post by amawds »

Just a quick tip to anyone swapping out a clip style 80mph speedo in a late car with the 120mph from an early car, autoricambi has a longer speedo cable intended for RHD cars with threads on both ends to solve the cable problem. I built a 1980 to replace my 76 and moved my entire complete custom dash setup between the cars using this cable. The routing is different on the 1980, which causes the length issue. You'll likely have to cut off the grommet and source another. Here's a link to the cable.
http://www.autoricambi.us/product/CA8-5 ... --1968-77/
81SPIDERMATT
Your car is a: 1981 spider 2000

Re: Swapping 80mph speedo with 120mph speedo

Post by 81SPIDERMATT »

probably will never do this myself .... but this is the reason , even while my car runs great, that I come and check this site ..... sharing of information freely and for the benefit of the cars and their garage mechanic owners like me .... I would have put a stick of dynamite to my car long ago ..... just sayin ... Matt

thanks for sharing
amawds

Re: Swapping 80mph speedo with 120mph speedo

Post by amawds »

I've got a recurring joke about the first car I built regarding it, fires, and car flavored marshmallows. Glad I built another from the ground up and avoided vicks parts this time around haha