Grounding points

Gotta love that wiring . . .
EddieJames

Grounding points

Post by EddieJames »

Where are all of the grounding points, or grounding stations on the Spider? Could you post photos of them, or the locations?

Thanks!
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: Grounding points

Post by azruss »

I have an 80 spider so would guess they are about the same. Mine has grounding stars. It is a terminal with 8 lugs. 2 are in the engine bay. one on each inner fender. they are up high and very visable. there is another one under the dash. there is a beam that runs along the bottom of the dash and there is one on that. I think just next to the upper console on the driver's side. Should be able to see it laying done on the drivers side floor. Not sure on these and may actually be behind the console. You also have engine grounds. one is a big strap that connects the engine at one of the starter bolts to the body. the other connects to one of the cam tower bolts and goes to who knows where. there are also 2 grounds that connect to one of the plenum bolts-one goes to the coil bracket and the other to the negative side of the coil. There is also one in the trunk. havent done that yet, but i think it is by the taillights. I'm sure others will refine this list.
azruss

Post by azruss »

Here are some pics. this is not all of them.

EddieJames

Post by EddieJames »

Thank you!

Beautiful motor in that first pic Az - waves of drool....maybe someday.

Where is that last photo in the car?
azruss

Post by azruss »

driver side innerfender. if you look at the first picture, you can see the wires going to the star just to the right of the horn motor.