I need info on 1974 relays.

Gotta love that wiring . . .
bwilson27

I need info on 1974 relays.

Post by bwilson27 »

All I know about the relays is that there are a bunch of them, they plug into various wires, and they mount to the fenderwells.
Can some helpful soul please direct me to a diagram that explains what each does and what they are called?
I've taken out my wiring harness and took photos of each connection, tagged each relay and the wires that go it, but I'd sure like to know what in the heck they do.
Anyone?
I've found a few wiring diagrams, but none of them were specific for 1974. Plus, diagrams never explain what each component really does.... KnowwhatImean?
bwilson27

Re: I need info on 1974 relays.

Post by bwilson27 »

OK, I quit being lazy and began investigating this myself.. But I still have a question- Can someone tell me if the wiring chart for the '77 or '73 would be the same as a '74? I'm having a heck of a time finding a diagram for the 74. Bradley Artigue doesn't seem to have that year.....
Bee
Your car is a: 1974 124 Spider

Post by Bee »

bwilson27 wrote:OK, I quit being lazy and began investigating this myself..
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out where to investigate this myself, and as you found out information is out there for just about every year except the '74.

Do you mind sharing if you've still got the wiring diagrams or information you've found?

Thanks!
james124

Post by james124 »

[quote="bwilson27"]All I know about the relays is that there are a bunch of them, they plug into various wires, and they mount to the fenderwells.
Can some helpful soul please direct me to a diagram that explains what each does and what they are called?
I've taken out my wiring harness and took photos of each connection, tagged each relay and the wires that go it, but I'd sure like to know what in the heck they do.

This diagram will explain the relays. If you are still stuck for a 74 wiring diagram, send me a PM.
http://www.spiderroadster.com/109.htm
Cheers, Jimmy
kmac33
Your car is a: 1974 Spider

Post by kmac33 »

Wiring

Relays
Kevin McMullen

1974 Fiat Spider - Restoration Complete! But the mods/refinements continue
1980 Fiat Spider
2013 Subaru WRX
bwilson27

Post by bwilson27 »

That's the first I've seen a 1974 fiat 124 spider wiring diagram on the web... But it's too blurry.
And the relay chart is great... But the right side is missing, so you need to "view Image" to see it all. - Which works fine. Thanks!
kmac33

Post by kmac33 »

I still have the original fold out wiring diagram in the original owners manual. I need to take it to a print shop and have a bunch of high quality copies made that I can mail to anyone that needs one. I will try and do that this week.
Kevin McMullen

1980 Fiat Spider
2013 Subaru WRX
Bee

Post by Bee »

Thanks to kmac33 for posting that, but I can't read it. I'd LOVE to get a higher resolution copy of it! Thanks for the relay chart too.

My owners manual has a wiring diagram, but it's a true wiring diagram with sections separated out visually by what they control - not a schematic with items in place as they are on the car. And, of course, there's enough chopped and missing wires that I'm having a heckuva time trying to figure out what should be hooked to what. So, not a whole lot of help there from my diagram.

Is this image that you posted what you have in your owners manual?

Thanks!
kmac33

Post by kmac33 »

What I have in my owners manual is not in color, but the layout is the same. I will try and get by a copy shop in the next couple of days that can scan it in (the scanner I have at home isn't big enough to get the whole thing) and hopefully post a high resolution picture (and have to email to folks). I'll also get a bunch of copies made that I can snail mail to anyone that needs one.
Kevin McMullen

1980 Fiat Spider
2013 Subaru WRX
Bee

Post by Bee »

Yes please!!
Bee

Post by Bee »

Any luck on getting the wiring diagram copied at a higher resolution?
Ianidjar

Post by Ianidjar »

Hi I've been looking for these diagrams for a long time.
Is there any way to email a scan my way?

Thanks!!
LSprad

Post by LSprad »

I own a 74 and I have been tracing all the relays on my car. I'll try and send you a diagram that I made of the relays and the color wires that are attached. Ive been trying to copy the diagram to the e mail but haven't figured it out, but will continue to try. Do you have an e-mail account other than the Fiat forum account. Mine is "lspradley@comcast.net".
robertsmith26

Post by robertsmith26 »

i dont know if you already checked, but google bradley artigue, he is the god among men of fiat wiring. i have been using his schematics for the wrong car, and they are still helpful. word association... fiat wiring? bradley artigue. if you havent checked, check now....http://www.artigue.com/?page_id=58

i normally dont post because i dont want ot seem useless. th colors are different year to year, the pattern is the same.