Wires and what they are supposed to go to

Gotta love that wiring . . .
cutchaguy

Wires and what they are supposed to go to

Post by cutchaguy »

I have gotten time to look at my car and as I was getting things out of the way to change the front right strut, I noticed some oddities:

1: I have a ground wire that is not grounding anything. It is fairly long and was tucked back behind the overfill bottle. It is connected to where the coil mounts. Any ideas?

2: This cluster of connections has two empty spots. Should I be concerned?

3: This wire has a connector on it, but there is nothing in it's reach to connect to and everything else nearby with a connector has something connected to it.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.
htchevyii
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 Spider hers 1972 Spider his

Re: Wires and what they are supposed to go to

Post by htchevyii »

I just went out to the garage and looked at my '82, I have the same plug connected to nothing. The long black ground is attached to the back of the cam housing on my car. The extra terminals on the ground pod are just that, don't worry.
Trey
1982 SPIDER 2000, 1964 CHEVYII, 1969 Chevy Nova, 2005 DODGE RAM, 1988 Jeep Comanche
1972 Spider, 78 Spider rat racer 57 f-100,
cutchaguy

Post by cutchaguy »

Should I connect wire to cam housing or just remove it? It is just a ground wire and I'm assuming that there is plenty of grounding, or am I wrong?

Edit: I found where the wire connector was still attached to the camshaft cover! Really hidden back there, but I was able to route the wire to it and clamp it back on securely. Thanks for the help with this!!!
watcher

Post by watcher »

I have an 81 and also the black wire not connected to anything. I feel a lot better about other cars having the same condition. If I come across anything I'll post. Bet somebody here will have the answer within a week.
watcher

Post by watcher »

An answer to the wire with nowhere to go
http://www.fiatspider.com/f08/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10804
The poster thinks it's an accessory that is used in high altitude.