Inner Door Window "scraper" felt needed. (FOUND)

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
mPedro08
Your car is a: 1976 124CS1 Spider

Inner Door Window "scraper" felt needed. (FOUND)

Post by mPedro08 »

Fiat Lovers,

Inside the window attached to the top of the metal part of the door panel is a metal strip. It is riveted on and covered (or supposed to be covered) in a felt material with a cloth backing. I think it is called a window "scraper" because it seals the hole in the door and scrapes the mist off the window when you role it down if its nice and tight.

Anyway....I need some for both doors as I have just completely rebuilt my door panels and these things are tatty.

Anyone have this stuff or know where I can get it?

Thanks,

FOUND: Restoration Specialties and Supplies: 814-467-9842. Part YM30-72. They also make a 96 inch length (YM30-96). It is called "belt weatherstip".
Last edited by mPedro08 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foster48x

Re: Inner Door Window "scraper" felt needed.

Post by Foster48x »

Try this link out. Pope posted some contact info in it that you may be able to source it from. I never used it so I'm not sure if it's still available.

http://www.fiatspider.com/f08/viewtopic ... indow+felt

Rick
nibbes123
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat 2000

Re: Inner Door Window "scraper" felt needed.

Post by nibbes123 »

T

he post that Pope showed for the fuzzs is great for I purchased them and are the same as OEM.
mPedro08

Re: Inner Door Window "scraper" felt needed. (FOUND)

Post by mPedro08 »

Thank you all, took a little while to get through to them but they have the part still and are cutting up and sending it out today.

PERFECT!!!

You guys on this forum are simply the best.
baltobernie
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1973 Spider [sold]

Post by baltobernie »

You can also get this and some other weatherstripping components from good old J C Whitney. They often offer "free shipping" during promotions, which is important because the fuzz comes in long (as in UPS "oversize") lengths.
mPedro08

Post by mPedro08 »

Baltobernie,

The link in the stream above suggested JC Witney stopped selling the stuff and you can get this vendor (and if they have it most likely JCW) to cut it to save shipping. I had it cut into three pieces and good to go.
beachboy

Post by beachboy »

I for one, miss that POPE guy..