Mystery Wire

Gotta love that wiring . . .
joephish
Your car is a: 1982 Pininfarina

Re: Mystery Wire

Post by joephish »

The wire in question on my 82 is marked 22. The car runs well and the tach works fine.

Joe
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Post by TX82FIAT »

I have the same exact wire on my 82 Spider if that helps. It is not connected as well. I've been looking for a home for this wire for a couple months. No luck. I picked this car up about eight weeks ago and have been working on the electrical system non-stop. About three weeks ago I had everything running flawlessly without a home for that wire and then the first 8 amp fuse started to blow. Fuse (A), it blows when the ingnition is turned on. Suspect something between the battery and ingintion switch is hot. Everything else on the car works perfect with the exception now of all items on the first fuse such as the temp gauge, tach, temp, turn signals... If I put a higher amp fuse in it works for a minute and then burns out. Don't want to harm the wiring so will not be messing with the fuse much more until I can isolate the problem. Don't think my issue is related to your mystery wire.... but could be if I'm missing a connection near the coil?
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban
TX82FIAT
Your car is a: 82 Fiat Spider 2000 CSO

Post by TX82FIAT »

The mystery wire is not related to my issue at all. I have isolated the problem to a circuit after the fuse panel not before. So... Your mystery wire is most likely fine the way it is. You might want to put a test probe to it to make sure it is not hot and secure it in a safe place within the engine compartment so it does not interfere with anything else. For example, your heat shield is in that area as well. Nobody likes the smell of burnt wire after a ride.
Buon giro a tutti! - enjoy the ride!

82 Fiat Spider 2000
03 BMW M3
07 Chevy Suburban
joephish
Your car is a: 1982 Pininfarina

Post by joephish »

It looks like the wire was an after thought. Thanks for your help.

Joe