Wiper Motor Wiring help?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Fiat88

Wiper Motor Wiring help?

Post by Fiat88 »

Just got my replacement marelli wiper motor but need to know what wires to connect. I have the wiring diagram, it only tells me the wire colors of the harness but not the wiring colors of the wiring coming from the motor. Appreciate any help. Thx. :D

The 3 harness bullet connectors
Connector 1. Blue with white stripes(across)
Blue with Black Stripes (across)

Connector 2. Gray with Black Stripes (across)
Black
Connector 3. Blue with red Stripes
Gray
Fiat88

Re: Wiper Motor Wiring help?

Post by Fiat88 »

Anyone? :shock: :D
BEEK
Your car is a: 1975 Spider

Post by BEEK »

what year car?
Automotive Service Technology Instructor (34 year Fiat mechanic)
75 spider
, 6 Lancia Scorpions, 2018 Abarth Spider, 500X wifes, 500L 3 82 Zagatos. 82 spider 34k original miles, 83 pininfarina, 8 fiat spider parts cars
son has 78 spider
Fiat88

Post by Fiat88 »

'79
BEEK
Your car is a: 1975 Spider

Post by BEEK »

the plugs are color coded, red to red white to white black to black, sometimes a piece of tape is used on one side, but still are color coded
Automotive Service Technology Instructor (34 year Fiat mechanic)
75 spider
, 6 Lancia Scorpions, 2018 Abarth Spider, 500X wifes, 500L 3 82 Zagatos. 82 spider 34k original miles, 83 pininfarina, 8 fiat spider parts cars
son has 78 spider
Fiat88

Post by Fiat88 »

BEEK wrote:the plugs are color coded, red to red white to white black to black, sometimes a piece of tape is used on one side, but still are color coded
Really? The wiring on the wiper motor have a red, white, black plug but the harness wiring has two black plugs, and one red all look like original factory plugs.
beachboy

Post by beachboy »

the colors of harness wires match the wires on my wiper motor. Black/grey, blue/blue, and blue,grey.
What are the wire colors on your motor wires? The fact that you have a replacement, this may not give you the same combo.
If you can post a pic of the wire ends, maybe we can match them up visually with mine.
Fiat88

Post by Fiat88 »

Ok, I hooked up the wiring and believe it's correct. When the wiper switch is in the up position its off, the middle position for intermittent doesn't work, but in the downward postion the wipers work.

Does one of the black wires go to a grey wire?