help tracing a wire

Gotta love that wiring . . .
kuhndg

help tracing a wire

Post by kuhndg »

Sure this will be easy for someone. I am trying to trace a yellow wire w/red stripe. "lighting system" I have a 1980 fi. Location is left of the glove box. Red connector/male side 6 prong. Wires going in,two solid brown,1 grey/yellow stripe, 1 black/violet stripe,1 yellow/red stripe feeding from the main harness, and my mystery yellow/red that I cannot trace. I have spent the last couple of days cleaning things up and am stumped on this one. I do not have electrical as I am in restoration mode. Anybody have a clue?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
mbouse

Re: help tracing a wire

Post by mbouse »

POPE should have a grand answer for this one.... he just finished a complete wiring restoration.
pope

Post by pope »

Thats easy, I can do this one off the top of my head. I assume you are talking about the lone wire hanging there. The yellow w/red wire comes out of the speedometer as a single wire and connects to that yellow /red wire. It allows the lambda reset box to know when it is time to light the lambda light on the dash.
kuhndg

Post by kuhndg »

I don't know why I didn't post this question yesterday. Another lesson learned....when there are resources, use them.
Thanks Pope.

Bob
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

Bob,
you are trying to do too much by yourself. that's why you did not ask the POPE.

hopefully, you have now learned your lesson. :mrgreen: