Odd wires in my Doors..?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
NitroDemon

Odd wires in my Doors..?

Post by NitroDemon »

Im just wondering because I see nothing electrical inside the doors of my '79 spider but there are loose wires hanging inside my doors.. On the passenger side they are white and a pinkish color, cant remember the drivers side.. think one might have been blue.. Could these have been from a door Chime system that I cant find anymore or something else?
pope

Re: Odd wires in my Doors..?

Post by pope »

the wires on the drivers side were for the optional coffee cup warmer. The door buzzer switch is not in the door but on the door post infront of the door.

I could be wrong though, those wires could be for the optional power windows. Buy I'm sticking with expresso cup warmer.
NitroDemon

Post by NitroDemon »

My windows are manual.. Did the just run them to the door anyways incase someone wanted to upgrade the wires were already there? the expresso cup warmer is a perdy nice idea though, someone should look into it :roll:
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

yeah, those wires are in all later years, just in case.

you might have some blanking plates on your radio console as well, little black rectangles on either side of the radio cut out. those would be for the electric window switches.