No wiper/heater fan

Gotta love that wiring . . .
NebraskaSpider

No wiper/heater fan

Post by NebraskaSpider »

I have no use of anything that is wired to the fuse, the wipers, washer fluid, and blower fan. I have replaced the fuse and still nothing. It all worked before I did the Brown Wire Surgery and installed a cd player so Im sure I screwed something up there but Ive got no idea what. The surgery helped everything else and the cd player works fine. The power for the cd player is through the cigarette lighter. Ive been looking at the wiring diagram, but cant seem to figure anything out.
racydave

Re: No wiper/heater fan

Post by racydave »

It is easier to deduct things with a test light or multi meter. I prefer a cheap test light. Attached to the chassis or ground, test both sides of all the fuses with the key on. Check at the contacts because sometimes the fuses corrode and conduct poorly. I would also check the relay. One wire should be hot all the time. One is hot with the Ign on. One is grnd and with the test light attached to the hot wire, touch the ground wire to illuminate the light. The last wire should be hot with ign on to feed the B side. This should at least give you a direction to go.
NebraskaSpider

Re: No wiper/heater fan

Post by NebraskaSpider »

Thanks for the test light idea. Found out the fuse wasnt getting power from the ignition. Got everything working now though.