Wiring diagram request

Gotta love that wiring . . .
halg

Wiring diagram request

Post by halg »

Since I am putting a fuel injected engine in my 69 coupe I want to remove the wiring and components associated with the fast idle circuit. These include the solenoid, test switch, clutch switch, and 3rd 4th gear switch. None of the diagram I have(I have many)show the wiring. The books all show how to adjust, but no wiring. Does anyone have or has anyone ever seen this wiring detailed? It seems to be interconnected with other components. It is always easier to remove wiring if you know where it all goes. Thanks to all.
Hal
htchevyii
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 Spider hers 1972 Spider his

Re: Wiring diagram request

Post by htchevyii »

Trey
1982 SPIDER 2000, 1964 CHEVYII, 1969 Chevy Nova, 2005 DODGE RAM, 1988 Jeep Comanche
1972 Spider, 78 Spider rat racer 57 f-100,
halg

Post by halg »

Thank you very much. Even though this diagram is different than my car , it does show the components I need to remove. My car has the foot operated washer, not the electrically operated one as shown.
Thanks again.
Hal
halg

Post by halg »

I am continuing to try to correct PO's rotten attempts to do wiring. The wiring differences between Coupes and Spiders is significant especially if it has been hacked up. I have tried to use Brad Artique's 69 Spider wiring diargams with limited sucess. Trying to pull individual components wiring when the wire colors and conections are different is daunting.My Coupe is Sn 124ac0073130 first sold in Jan 1969. I have an original Fiat 124 Sports roadster and coupe specification and features, main servicing instruction book. The book doesn't specify what year it is for. It is a single headlight coupe so 68 or 69. The wiring diagram shows a 2 switch steering column, my car has a 3 switch steering column. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 69 Coupe that has a 3 switch steering column?
Hal
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

can't specifically answer your question. however, my suggestion is to work on one circuit at a time. saves lots of frustration that way.

my Triumph came to me with NO electrical circuits functioning, and many connections tore apart under the dash. to further complicate matters, the overspray the previous owner created when he changed the color to white... turned most of the wire insulation a turrible gray color; making most wires impossible to sort by color. I eventually replaced few main wires, and eventually got every circuit functioning properly...but the only way i accomplished this was one bulb at a time.

best-0-luck
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

I've got a diagram for the 1400 69-70 Coupe. I'll try to scan it, see if it can be read and let you know.
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
halg

Post by halg »

I sure hope your attempts to scan your diagram are successful. The problem area is the PO rewired the turn signal and hazard circuits completely. I have no idea why or if they were successful. Hopefully this is not what put the car off the road. After I get done tracing the circuits the way they now are I might know if it worked or not. Then trying to put it back to correct(without knowing why they did it)
Hal
racydave

Post by racydave »

When I omited the hazzard switch on mine ( 79 ), the schematic was helpfull because it showed the circuts in the switch and allowed me to join the wires to complete the circuts. It seems that most external brake, turn functions go thru the switch. Hope this is of some help? Also helpfull was a fused 10 amp jumper wire.
mdrburchette

Post by mdrburchette »

PM sent
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
halg

Post by halg »

All wires have been identified. I still need to understand what the PO was trying to accomplish and hope there is not a problem elsewhere in the wiring he was trying to go around. I want to thank everyone for their help and suggestions. I especially want to thank Denise and Maria(both the same) for providing the correct wiring diagram, it made all the difference in the world. If only she had seen my original post(May 25) then the last few months wouldn't have been quite so painful. Thanks everyone.
Hal
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

"I still need to understand what the PO was trying to accomplish "

A thought that every Fiat owner has had at some point
mdrburchette

Post by mdrburchette »

Oops! I'm going to have to start reading the complete post before dismissing it as something I can't offer help with.
Since I am putting a fuel injected engine in my 69 coupe
I know absolutely nothing about fuel injection so I didn't read any further than that. :oops:

Glad you're on your way to fixing your problems!
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
halg

Post by halg »

It appears like the PO was trying to split the directional signals and the emergency flashers to be on different circuits. The directional flasher was powered from the original location with an added wire. The emergency flasher was powered from the inspection lamp socket. Since only one circuit would be used at one time this modification would split the circuit. The PO must not have had a circuit diagram since the two circuits are split anyway. One is powered from fuse A the other is from fuse I. Unless anyone has experienced a problem in this area, I guess I will return everything to original.
Hal
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

most owners have experience loss of turn signals when the hazard switch failed, and then started on that dreaded path of changing circuits
halg

Post by halg »

I can see where an internal failure of the hazard switch would cause the loss of power to the directional flasher. Has any different switch from the original rocker been found to be a replacement? My friendly electronic guru says you probably don't want to back feed the emergency flasher, which is what was happening with the rewire that my PO did.
Hal