where and when next fiat freakout ?

Shows, meets, organized drives, club info
CrAzY RuSSian

where and when next fiat freakout ?

Post by CrAzY RuSSian »

does any one know where and when is the next fiat freakout ?
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

I don't know if they've set a date, but I heard the 3rd week of July in Detroit, MI....same place as this year. I look forward to going again. It was probably the best planned I've been to and the venue was awsome!
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

the decision to host the FFO '07 at the exact same locale was made during the B O Director's meeting during FFO '06, pending such things as successful completion of the '06 event. I did not hear for sure that the hotel or college offered return engagements, but I saw no reason why not.

so, plan was for the FOURTH weekend in July to coincide with the Alpha convention held at the same hotel the following weekend. At the Centerpoint Marriott (Pontiac) Michigan.

I believe you can get more information by contacting the hosting Chapter of FLU - - F.L.U.I.D. They can be reached at http://www.flu.org or via email at jrwatch1@comcast.net

And, tentative plans for FFO '08 (twenty fifth anniversary) is to hold the event in the POCONO Mountains.
CrAzY RuSSian

Post by CrAzY RuSSian »

thanks for the info
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

No problem. I have been to the last two FFO's and enjoyed myself soo much that I love promoting the event in any way I can.

My group is seriously considering assisting the FLUID group next year by hosting one sub-event. It will be a fun weekend, planning to start as early as Thursday.

Like Denise said, the hotel was beautiful and the concourse where the cars were displayed was even better! Gorgious old brick buildings surrounded the tree shaded courtyard.....80 some Italian Stallions gracing the plush grassy ground. Stop by http://www.flu.org and look at the pictures.
racydave

Post by racydave »

lets call it Pontiac MI, saying Detroit is not true, and a scarey thought. I did not see any of motor city. Was my first, and wont be my last, youall should go!!! D in I
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

Point well taken Dave. Orchard Lake and Pontiac are very classy neighborhoods. Lots of real estate to drool over, lots of sail boats, and lots of fancy cars of all makes.

Never saw ghetto, or boarded up buildings, or any of that type of nonsense. Feel free to bring the kiddies, cuz I would if I had 'em.