new issue with car

Gotta love that wiring . . .
tonys1980124
Your car is a: 1980fiat spider 2000

new issue with car

Post by tonys1980124 »

So now the issue is car running great again, new wire from coil to ing. drove it for a week, they yesterday on my way out of the blockbuster video the car dies. i try to start it up i get nothing. try again nothing. i let the car sit for a few sec and it starts up. i make it home :D today i go to target no prob. get ready to go to the car wash (oh i learned why you don't take a rag-top in to an automated car wash, i should have thought a little more on that.) any way ni was just about to pull in to the carwash when the car dies. same thing try to start nothing wait then it starts up go thru the wash about 10 min no prob. made it home about 10 miles away no prob. anyone have any ideas. the connectors are new on the coil to the ing. and seem to be very tight .
mbouse

Re: new issue with car

Post by mbouse »

not possible to have a new issue with a 30 year old car.

new to you? maybe...

when was the last time the magnetic pickup was changed? i bet the wires inside the distributor have lost their insulation and are shorting out.
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Re: new issue with car

Post by mdrburchette »

When you say you're getting nothing, does that mean the starter isn't even engaging or the engine isn't turning over?
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!