Bad turn signal or bad 4 ways?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
JimM

Bad turn signal or bad 4 ways?

Post by JimM »

I was driving to work last week and had turned left with turn signal working. 11/2 miles later turn right and no signals. Check everything out next day and find that the hazard signals don't work either. I have checked the fuses and all grounds, but find nothing wrong. I switched fuses to make sure ut still nothing. Could the problem be the hazard relay? Is there any way to check the relay to see if it is working or not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance for your help. Jim
mbouse

Re: Bad turn signal or bad 4 ways?

Post by mbouse »

could be the hazard switch too.

relays are not expensive, swap a new one in.. or one from a functioning vehicle and test your circuit.
mdrburchette
Your car is a: 1972 Fiat 124 Sport

Post by mdrburchette »

Are you saying you don't have right side turn signals or both sides stopped working?
1972 124 Spider (Don)
1971 124 Spider (Juan)
1986 Bertone X19 (Blue)
1978 124 Spider Lemons racer
1974 X19 SCCA racer (Paul)
2012 500 Prima Edizione #19 (Mini Rossa)
Ever changing count of parts cars....It's a disease!
jfrawley
Your car is a: 1982 Spider

Post by jfrawley »

I had the very same issue not too long ago. I found that when I installed the radio into position, it pulled one of the wires loose on the 4-way flasher switch and caused it to make Intermittent contact. I also redid the ground pods. The problem has not resurfaced.
John Frawley
Frederick, MD
1982 Spider
http://www.dcfiats.org
JimM

Post by JimM »

Sorry for the delay, but we had some personal issues at home with Dad. In order--New hazard switch. No turn signals and no hazard lights. I have checked all ground pods, but I will check the wires going into the hazard switch. Thanks all.