Dash Light Problems

Gotta love that wiring . . .
blanchardkeith

Dash Light Problems

Post by blanchardkeith »

My interior dash light have not worked for a long time now. The warning lights all work, turn sig. indic. works, but the main light do not. Fuse is fine if it is in the main fuse panel. Have swithched all and none are burned. I am not getting any power to the wires. Any suggestions.
In the Dark!
kristoj
Your car is a: 1982 Fiat Spider 2000 Turbo

Re: Dash Light Problems

Post by kristoj »

Could be a bad rheostat switch. This is the dimmer switch in the center of the dash. I would try removing the rheostat and running a jumper wire between the two wires that connect to the switch. If your dash lights work with the jumper wire, then you know you have a bad switch. My advice would be to just reinstall the disconnected switch and leave the jumper wire in place -- the dash lights are dim enough, who needs a dimmer???
John
'82 Fiat Spider Turbo
'56 Abarth 750 GT Corsa MM
'59 Lancia Appia GTE Zagato
'62 Lancia Flaminia 2.5 3C Convertible
'68 Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato
'70 Moretti Sportiva S2
'12 Abarth 500
'59 MV Agusta 250 Raid

Pictures of my baby!
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Post by rlux4 »

John is probably right if it's not a fuse. On mine I found the problem on the rheostat. It was missing one of the contact fingers that touch the rheostat part (don't remember the name of the part). So power was going in and not getting out.
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
RDSPYDR

Post by RDSPYDR »

Had the same problem and it was the rheostat. Took it apart and repaired it. They are pretty simplicitic and easy to repair, but on the safe side I found someone who had an extra and bought it.

Good Luck.
blanchardkeith

Post by blanchardkeith »

Yup reostat knob. I can see I can see.......................
Thanks
Keith