Rear left TS not working

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Barjavel
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat 2000

Rear left TS not working

Post by Barjavel »

I am experiencing my first electrical problem. The left rear turn signal light does not function, either with the hazard switch or the turn signal stalk. The other 3 TS lights function. I checked out the bulb, the filament looked fine but the base was corroded. I replaced it with a new 1156 bulb (single filament), like the one I replaced. No luck. I cleaned off the circuit board, TS socket, and the socket pigtail with CRC electronic cleaner. There was a lot of dust on the pigtail and all over the board. No luck, signal still doesn't light.

I am getting power to the other lights in the left rear circuit board, but I don't measure any volts getting to the TS (even measuring from the wire where it plugs into into the circuit board).

Would anyone have any advice on where to look? The usual suspects (hazard switch, ground, relay) don't seem to be applicable here.

Thanks for your help!

Jason
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Re: Rear left TS not working

Post by spider2081 »

I don't measure any volts getting to the TS (even measuring from the wire where it plugs into into the circuit board).
If that is the case I would next look for C18, a 12 cavity connector, located under dash near the steering column. It will have the blue/black left turn signal wires in it. The side that has the 2 blue/black wires in it is the front left and switch side. The side that has a single blue/black wire is the wire that goes to the left rear TS.
Barjavel
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat 2000

Post by Barjavel »

Thank you! That was indeed the source of the problem. I unplugged the connector and cleaned it off, and voilà, turn signal works.
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

Great job! Enjoy your car.