Favorite Pet Tools for Fiat Fiddling and Finessing

Maintenance advice to keep your Spider in shape.
SpiderGuy
Your car is a: 1981 Pininfarina Spider 2000 5 spd

Favorite Pet Tools for Fiat Fiddling and Finessing

Post by SpiderGuy »

Some of us sleep with our new favorite Tools under our pillow and our Wives just don't need to ever know that, :lol: as long as they don't ever hear them clinking together. (best to sleep with them only one at a time so not too much Clinking)

Here is my new Harbor Freight ("aka Snap-off-Tools") Treasures ..a set of 3 hose grabbing puller-offer/ Putter-onner Pliers for only $11.95
3 different sizes as required for different Hose Jobs. Iv'e affectionately nick-named them them the "Twisting Triplet Sisters"

Great for lots of grabbing, plucking, scratchin, pickin manuevers. So far I have reached areas that were previously inaccessible and untouchable. Fold out quality Pic of My new favorite Fiat Fiddling Forks attached :P

Last edited by SpiderGuy on Mon May 09, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpiderGuy

Re: Favorite Pet Tools for Fiat Fiddling and Finessing

Post by SpiderGuy »

And a Place for every Metric =and= Every Metric init's Place

Last edited by SpiderGuy on Mon May 09, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpiderGuy

Post by SpiderGuy »

Best tool ever for cutting down body filler flat as a mirror.. great also for sculpting body lines, or tearing off layers of old paint down to bare metal.

8'" direct Drive Body Hog..36 grit, 80 grit, 120 grit, Prime it, 320 grit then Paint it.
don't confuse this amazing tool with a common oscillating DA sander , its in another realm of Power.
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

I think shop manuals are important tools for understanding how a is put together and comes apart.
Tools for 40 year old cars should probably include a trouble light and a volt meter.
I also like the Fiat publication " Spider 2000 Electrical Diagnostic Manual 1980-1981" The circuit descriptions and troubleshooting presented in this publication can be applied to most all Fiats.

Although an older cars electrics are not 1/2 the car, often more than 1/2 of the old cars issues are electric