Headlights and turnsignals not working

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Anbele
Your car is a: 1979 Spider 2000 CS2

Headlights and turnsignals not working

Post by Anbele »

So I just did a complete overhaul of the interior—acquired the car not so long ago—but failed to check lighting system before I took everything apart. Now I have parking lights and hazard flasher working but nor turn signal nor headlights. I’m fairly sure that the turn signal might be just a relay issue…is that also a possibility for headlights? Any insight greatly appreciated.
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Re: Headlights and turnsignals not working

Post by spider2081 »

nor turn signal nor headlights
I think the fuse closest to the steering column is where the turn signals get their power from. I would check for voltage at the top and bottom fuse clips. The turn signals and the hazards in a 79 use the same flasher/relay so if the hazards work the flasher should be ok. Both the turn signals and the flasher pass through the hazard switch. Operate the Hazard switch with the turn signal lever in a turn position and see if a sweet spot is found where the turn signal operates.
The hear light fuses are 3,4,5,and 6. each side and hi/lo have their own fuse. Check for power at the fuses. Remember the bat on the headlight switch is down of "on" position.