front blinkers/turn signals

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Spiderferg

front blinkers/turn signals

Post by Spiderferg »

okay... so I replaced the front light bulbs on my 78 spider (WITH 1157 bulbs). Now, i have lost power to fuel guage, temp guage and the signals do not work? Any help or suggestions?

Bob
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

clean and insulate all of the grounds with dielectric grease, then clean all of the fuse box terminals and make sure the fuses fit tightly
Mad-Machine

Post by Mad-Machine »

78 should have the "star" common grounds in the engine compartment. I would start with those.
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

If you have a volt meter or trouble light I would check for power to the lamps. I don't have a wire diagram for a 78. But I am guessing the ground for each lamp would at the grounding point for the corresponding fender. The ground for the guages would be under the panel. In other words there are 3 grounds points. I'm thinking chances are a fuse blew. Or there is a bad connection on the fuse panel.
Spiderferg

thanks

Post by Spiderferg »

thanks all for the help. I got in there tonight, looks like a fuse blew. All is back up again, yet, I am having intermittent issues with the Front Left?

Tinker some more I will!

Bob
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

besides the common bad ground situation, check the bulb socket for corrossion or worn contacts.