Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1979 Spider 2000

All Italian Day

Post by geospider »

It's that time of year again.
Had a fun time last year at this event.
Sunday, Oct 13 in Alameda.
If you go to the web site and click on photos, you will see the 2017 event.

https://www.alfaromeoassociation.org/co ... id=1052353

Hope to see some of my Fiat compatriots (that means you Bryan; and that beer)

Geo
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Re: All Italian Day

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

Thanks, Geo, and I thought I had replied to your post earlier but that post doesn't seem to have appeared. No matter, the event is on my calendar, and sure, I'd be happy to buy you a beer. My wife and I have an event that afternoon in Pleasanton, so I'll be at the car show in the morning. PM me if you want to meet up, or maybe we can figure out which one is Geo and which one is Bryan.

-Bryan
geospider
Patron 2020
Patron 2020

Post by geospider »

sounds great. Thought I was buying your beer. I guess that means 2.
Well, mine is red with a black hood.
18Fiatsandcounting

Sounds like a plan, and I'll look for you. Since both my Fiats are up on jackstands for various rebuilds, I won't be exhibiting.

-Bryan
Neesman
Your car is a: 1983 Pininfarina

Post by Neesman »

Do you guys think it's worth it driving a few hours there and back for this event?
18Fiatsandcounting

Neesman wrote:Do you guys think it's worth it driving a few hours there and back for this event?
Well, since this is my first time at this particular event, I'm not the best person to answer that question. I have heard from several Fiat owners that it is a good event, especially if you like Italian cars. As to whether it's worth a few hour drive, I'll leave that decision to you.

-Bryan
toyfiats
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat Spider

Post by toyfiats »

That's a tough question. I've been going for over 30 years and have watched it evolve over time, usually for the better. A few years ago the man in the Alfa club who started and ran the show retired and moved away. Since the proceeds benefit the Special Olympics the Alfa club stepped in to keep it going. With that came changes. Gone were the grills with sausages cooking and volunteers serving up pasta plates for $5, replaced with a Italian food truck (good food, pricier) that lost a little bit of the family feel to it, with not as many people seeming to be sitting (in the hot sun) having lunch at the same time.

The cars that show up are still nice, and vary each year. In years past there's been a heavy Fiat presence (Fiat America used to hold their annual 'Fiat of the Year' competition there), and there's usually a couple of Ferraris and other weird Italian cars (Abarths, Lancias Stratos replica, etc), but Alfas dominate since it's their show.

I know there's a group that comes down from Napa each year, which is about an hour's drive, and others in the past that have come from Sacramento. It's best to arrive earlier rather than later - traffic in the morning is lighter on 880 (never a fun place to drive your Italian car with all the semis), and people tend to start cutting out after noon (even though they want people displaying to stay to the end ~ 3 pm), so the fullest display is usually between 10-12.

It's no Monterey by any stretch, but if you're starved for Italian cars in your local area it's a nice way to spend an hour or two (or more if you're inclined to chat with fellow owners). Whether the additional drive is worth that is up to you.
geospider
Patron 2020
Patron 2020

Post by geospider »

I had a great time last year, as did my wife.
prob about 75 cars, some motorcycles and a scooter contingent came rolling in ala the English mods.
when leaving, take a little drive along the water.

but I am only about 30-40 mins out.

Toyfiats: I am also in Concord; you, me and Bryan need to connect.

We have had a great time driving around this summer, so more driving is good for us. Just got back from Napa.
NOt sure where you are coming from, but almost always a pretty drive with the top down.

Bryan, Toyfiats: see you next week.
Geo
18Fiatsandcounting

geospider wrote:Bryan, Toyfiats: see you next week.
Geo
Yep, looking forward to it!

-Bryan