can everyone post a pic of their spider?

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
BellaMachina604

Re: can everyone post a pic of their spider?

Post by BellaMachina604 »

Here's my Bella Machina. Just modest improvements - performance wheels/tires, performance cooling, updated steering linkage, Ansa exhaust. A blast to throw into the winding roads on Van Isle and the Sunshine Coast.

Last edited by BellaMachina604 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pgilling

Post by pgilling »

What a head-turning colour! Fantastic.
Jimb
Your car is a: 1985.5 Volumex

Post by Jimb »

I agree. It's beautiful!

Jim
Wanting
Your car is a: 1972 BS1 Euro Spider

Post by Wanting »

pgilling wrote:What a head-turning colour! Fantastic.
Roughly how much was your engine upgrade by guy croft?
pgilling

Post by pgilling »

Wanting wrote:
pgilling wrote:What a head-turning colour! Fantastic.
Roughly how much was your engine upgrade by guy croft?
The engine bay prep, including some structural repairs and spraying was done by a local garage that is experienced in classic cars.

The engine was all done by Guy and cost several thousand pounds. His prices are all displayed on his web site and I'd rather leave it at that as I'd hate to be quoted as each engine is different, as are each customer's needs. For instance, it takes him several hours just to assess what work is required on each engine due to the thoroughness of his work. Some people think he is expensive but after all, it must be remembered, he is a race engineer who is hugely skilled (he was an engineer on Hart F1 team), his work is meticulous and he is always available after sales advice.

After seeing the quality of his work I actually think a GC engine is good value. For instance, he designs his own race quality pistons for each engine and they are made by companies such as JE Pistons and he will always use Cunningham race rods. Neither of these come cheap but they offer fantastic reliability and, the pistons of course release more power.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a sales pitch for Guy, but I know he has his detractors because if he disagrees with people it is only because he is arguing from a position of either proven experience or imperical data which he will happily share with you. For instance, he has done a huge amount of flow bench tests to check various configurations. He will happily share this status with anybody who asks, or of course it is there in any of his books. However, if he doesn't know something he will make that clear and simply say so - basically he won't bull***t you! This can be frustrating when you ask how much extra power a certain modification will make, because if he hasn't experience of that mod on a particular engine configuration he will be reluctant to guess!

I am sorry that is such a long answer, but hopefully you understand why I didn't want to give just a simple short response.

Basically, if you want one of - if not the best TC engine - then save up for a GC one!

PG
Wanting
Your car is a: 1972 BS1 Euro Spider

Post by Wanting »

Thanks for your response, he's not to far from me so maybe an option when I've got the car fully sorted.

A engine rebuild by a known professional will justify the price if you ever decide to sell.
Jimb
Your car is a: 1985.5 Volumex

Post by Jimb »

Am I missing something? You live in Nanaimo, did you ship the engine for rebuilding overseas?
Jim
spiderrey
Your car is a: 70 124 spider-74x19-03 ranger edge

Post by spiderrey »

I see you bough the car from the guy just up the road, nice.
toplessexpat
Your car is a: 1976 Spider 1800

Post by toplessexpat »

Have posted these on the Facebook trails a couple of times.

Yellow is a 81FI2000 with mild compression increase. Front and rear bumpers removed and seams smoothed.
Red is a 761800 with 42/82 cams, 38ADL carb, 6" track increase. Front and rear bumpers removed and seams smoothed.

---
Many classic Fiats - it's a disease!
www.mirafiori.com
brackie1
Your car is a: 1978 124 spider

Post by brackie1 »

what size tires are you running?
Gene
Gene
North Carolina
Ptoneill
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat Spider 2000

Post by Ptoneill »

toplessexpat wrote:Have posted these on the Facebook trails a couple of times.

Yellow is a 81FI2000 with mild compression increase. Front and rear bumpers removed and seams smoothed.
Red is a 761800 with 42/82 cams, 38ADL carb, 6" track increase. Front and rear bumpers removed and seams smoothed.

I really like the fender flares on the red 76, very nice. Beautiful cars!!
Stay Safe,

Pat
79spider
HAVE FUN!! It's a FIAT!!
ptoneill@msn.com
http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l504/ptoneill/
aevansgatech
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000

Post by aevansgatech »

Out for a nice fall drive in Michigan
1979 Spider 2000 (gone)
1984 Pininfarina Azzurra (for sale)
1982 Spider 2000 (here to stay)
philoutch

Post by philoutch »

The day when it arrived, 1975 1800 CS1 US - from California (SFO)

MMBRunner

Post by MMBRunner »

1982 FI Fiat Spider 2000/unrestored original car with 30K miles/second owner in Minnesota.

BellaMachina604

Post by BellaMachina604 »

Update: Decided to 'Abarthify' my '82 and keep stock my next Spider (looking for a pre '74). Removed the bumpers and added bumperettes, Abarth spoiler and turn signals; added lighter high-perf aluminum Radiator and higher capacity Water Pump, free flow Ansa exhaust, high volume direct flow air intake, lightened Timing Gears, high-perf Ignition wires/plugs, lowered springs, poly bushings, Performance Minilite Wheels.