Trunk Light

Gotta love that wiring . . .
niro884

Trunk Light

Post by niro884 »

I have a black and yellow wire in my trunk without a bulb. Is this the trunk light? What bulb does it take? Thanks
rlux4
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1982 2000 Spider

Re: Trunk Light

Post by rlux4 »

Yes, it is for the trunk light. But be careful, that wire connects to a part of a very iffy base for the light. It is very common for it to wiggle itself into contacting the base of the holder, which is the ground. Not good. When I posted that I kept blowing fuses and traced it back to the trunk light I heard back from a lot of people who had the same issue. Everyone who responded said that they didn't use the trunk light. To use the trunk light, your parking lights have to be on and a door has to be open. I ended up giving that wire a constant 12v source and wiring in a switched utility light on about a 2' lead. If I need light in the trunk I can move the light where I need it. The original position of the trunk light is next to the battery in the newer cars and that blocked off the light from 3/4 of the trunk anyway. As to what bulb it takes, ??
Ron
Ron Luxmore
rlux2n2@gmail.com
'82 2000 Spider: after 26 years between Spiders.
perthling
Your car is a: 1974 124 Spider

Post by perthling »

I still have the base and bulb, but wondered if it ever had a clear diffuser over the top. Anyone able to post a pic of what it looked like originally? Mine's half painted and I don't think it works - but I'll check with the parkers on.
1975 Fiat 124 CC (project)
1969 Fiat 124AC (project)
1997 Coupe Fiat 20VT (daily driver)
http://www.fiatlancia.org.au
baltobernie
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1973 Spider [sold]

Post by baltobernie »

This it? Holes 58mm o/c. Yours for the postage.

Signing off now; got to load up for FFO.
pope

Post by pope »

Bernie, on the 80 and after, the clear plastic is a square shaped piece that just slipped on, into a grove. Not elongated like yours.