Southern AZ Sunday Drive: "Wine Country Cruise" - Pictures

Shows, meets, organized drives, club info
SunnySideUp
Your car is a: SOLD

Southern AZ Sunday Drive: "Wine Country Cruise" - Pictures

Post by SunnySideUp »

This "Sunday Drive" will be through the Sonoita / Elgin area of southern Arizona with stops planned at 3 wineries. This will be a great way to drive through some beautiful country, possibly purchase some gifts for the holidays, and - of course - sample some wine! If you don't like wine come along for the drive and the scenery. We had such a good time with the Southern AZ Pantera Club that we are joining together with them again for this event! 8) There is definitely a little something for everyone.

This will be a pay-as-you-go non-competitive event. If your Italian car isn't up to making the drive - run something else!

For more information about this drive or to participate, PM or email me. RSVPs are due by 07 November 2014.
Last edited by SunnySideUp on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunnySideUp
garion
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat 124 Spider

Re: Southern AZ Sunday Drive: "Wine Country Cruise" Nov. 9, 2014

Post by garion »

Damn it.. I really need to get mine finished up.. Not a wine person, but Panteras?
--John
1978 Fiat 124 Spider (for sale soon)
1979 Fiat 124 Spider
2007 Audi A4
Blog: http://www.technobabelfish.com
SunnySideUp

Re: Southern AZ Sunday Drive: "Wine Country Cruise" Nov. 9, 2014

Post by SunnySideUp »

What a blast! It was a great drive with great people and wonderful cars.

Pictures :arrow: Fun Italian Automobiles of Tucson group: https://plus.google.com/photos/11840696 ... 7rNqIK0xgE

A bit more detailed write up is available here from the Southern Arizona Panteras club: http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/ ... 6801028356
Pictures :arrow: http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Rocky ... nd%20Drive

Yes - they left me in the dust a few times but the Fiat held its own and could catch up with them, eventually. Wherever we went we had a mini car show. Lots of folks taking pictures of the cars and stopping to talk with us. One person talked with me at length about the '71 124 Spider and the '73 850 Spiders he had. Seeing the Spider out there in wine country must have brought back some good memories for him as I think he is now in the market for another Spider. :mrgreen:
SunnySideUp
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: Southern AZ Sunday Drive: "Wine Country Cruise" - Pictures

Post by azruss »

Forget the Panteras, would love to cruise with the Daytona. Whats with the MB pix. Next time, do it on a Saturday and i would be tempted to make the trek down.
AriK
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat Spider

Post by AriK »

What an awesome route! Looks like you had a great drive. And btw...you drove the sharpest looking car of the bunch :D
johndemar
Your car is a: 1976 Fiat 124 Spider

Post by johndemar »

Thanks for sharing, it certainly looked like a good time.

Wish there were roads like that closer to Phoenix.
76 Fiat 124 Spider
One owner since July 20, 1976
Amadio Motor, Jeannette, PA
SunnySideUp

Post by SunnySideUp »

azruss wrote:Forget the Panteras, would love to cruise with the Daytona. Whats with the MB pix. Next time, do it on a Saturday and i would be tempted to make the trek down.
My co-pilot wife took advantage of an offer to ride in the Daytona for part of the tour. It is a REAL Ferrari Daytona, not one of the Corvette kit car knock-offs. My wife just about fainted when she found out how much that car is worth. She reported that "It didn't feel like we were going 100." :shock: The group did flirt with the century mark a few times. :D

Several vintage Mercedes were also doing a cruise through the wine country - hence the pix. Turned out one of the MB owners races a Pantera and knows the owner of the yellow Pantera in our group. We ended up leap-frogging the MB group a couple of times around the area. Really nice to see so many vintage cars out running around instead of just sitting at a car show.

We found that Sundays are the best day to get the most people to participate unless we piggy-back something with a car show. Most folks use Saturdays to do errands, go to kids ball games, wrench on their car, etc. We're getting ready to do our 2015 event plan. I'll ask for a Saturday event in late Winter-early Spring or Fall so folks in other parts of the state can come down for an extended weekend and join us for some fun!

@AriK - Thanks! :)
SunnySideUp
focodave
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1980 Spider 2000 F.I.

Post by focodave »

Your car looks great, Sunnyside.
Of course I'm partial to 1980 Grigio Fumo Met cars.
If I lived closer, I'd have joined you guys....
1980 Spider 2000 F.I. (my hobby)
1970 MGB GT (my other hobby)
2008 Ford Expedition (daily driver)
2019 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard
2019 Harley-Davidson Iron 883 Sportster
SunnySideUp

Post by SunnySideUp »

Thanks, focodave! The color (as well as the Spider itself) always gets compliments as you are probably experiencing yourself. 8) You, and all the FS.com community, are always welcome to join us whenever you're in the area.
SunnySideUp