CARFAX

Shows, meets, organized drives, club info
bocaguy99

CARFAX

Post by bocaguy99 »

Does anyone have an unlimted Car Fax account? I need a VIN run for a 1982 Spider. Trying to decide to buy or not.
bocaguy99

Re: CARFAX

Post by bocaguy99 »

ZFAAS00B4C5002400
toyfiats
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat Spider

Post by toyfiats »

I doubt Carfax is going to tell you too much. I've personally looked at many Spiders that had clean records but the condition of the car suggested otherwise. And even well-cared for examples can hide issues, just because these cars are getting pretty old now and stuff just happens. Better to pay to have someone familiar with Fiats inspect it for you (if you don't feel up to it).

The pics in the ad aren't too revealing, and the German Spider club only has a listing showing it was on Ebay back in 2009 with 62k miles.

https://www.fiatspider.de/de/interaktiv ... 86941.html
bocaguy99

Post by bocaguy99 »

Thanks Sam. I saw that as well. The car has 76000 miles on it now. I may try and find a Fiat mechanic. CarFax says they have 10 records but that could just be inspections and sales.

I just sold my 1993 Alfa Romeo and I know how things can look good and not be. When I was shopping around I found Alfas that had more fiberglass than a Corvette....lol.

I've been actively shopping and it's amazing how some of the sellers overvalue their cars. They tend to use bad math such as "I bought the car for $5000 and put $10000 into it so the car is not worth $15000" which we all know the car is worth what it is worth. Lots of hidden rust too.

Thanks again
azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Post by azruss »

Carfax will only show what has been recorded by the state and insurance companies. As most of us know, most of the work done on these cars never went thru insurance. I wouldnt have my hopes up very high.