Back Seat

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
drgellar

Back Seat

Post by drgellar »

I cant remember where I saw it at, but I know I saw a piece that replaces the back seats in a spider to make it a 2 seater. Anybody know what I'm talking about. IAP doesnt know.
spiderrey
Your car is a: 70 124 spider-74x19-03 ranger edge

Post by spiderrey »

that is a factory piece. came in a later year. i knom someone that is in the process of reproducing it. should be out soon.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yes my Pininfarina (1983 DS series) came with a factory shelf.
Wouldn't know where to get one, but could easily be recreated.
It was only some moulded plastic with some carpet over it. Mine had an amplifier fitted underneath, so was an ideal spot for such things ...
spiderrey
Your car is a: 70 124 spider-74x19-03 ranger edge

Post by spiderrey »

damn, tom you have one hell of a good looking car. thats the color im gonna paint mine. luv those early cars.my 1st car, 28 years ago was an orange 71 spider.. do you have more pics of that thing.......
Danno

Re: Back Seat

Post by Danno »

drgellar wrote:I cant remember where I saw it at, but I know I saw a piece that replaces the back seats in a spider to make it a 2 seater. Anybody know what I'm talking about. IAP doesnt know.
First off, what year do you have? later spiders came with what looks like a seat but is really only a package shelf. Tom's seems to be different from mine, but the idea is the same.

The only other thing i can think of is a Tonneau (did I spell that right?) that is a cover over the whole rear that makes it look more like a roadster. is that what you are talking about?
Tom

Post by Tom »

Danno

The tonneau cover is really only a piece of leather/vinyl that covers off the folded hood. As you can see here on the orange and black Spider.

I just checked it on the Spiderpoint website in Germany and they sell the little shelf for 450 euros. Flippin' expensive if you ask me :?
Danno

Post by Danno »

yes, I forgot they call that a tonneau, but i was thinking he was talking more about this kind: http://www.fiatspider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

it's really called a boot
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

Many guys have chucked their rear "seat" in favor of something they feel is more practical.

http://www.daytonaspyder.com/DSspecial.htm

is an example of a kit someone is selling retail.
Tom

Post by Tom »

That's pretty cool. Shame you can't lock it.