Power Windows...no power?

Gotta love that wiring . . .
johnssi

Power Windows...no power?

Post by johnssi »

Any ideas on why my power windows simply stopped working? Switches good, check. Fuses good, check. Grounds good, check. Relay, don't really know anything about them. Any ideas??
spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Re: Power Windows...no power?

Post by spider2081 »

Do you have a wire diagram of the window circuit?

The power window relay is before the window fuses 11 and 12. Have you checked for power to the fuses?
The power window relay is activated by terminal "int" the blue/black wire on the ignition switch. It has voltage in "start and run" position of the ignition switch. It becomes a light blue wire at the ignition switch connector 31 and goes to the head/parking light switch. At the head/parking light switch the light blue wire ties to a brown or brown/white wire in a single push terminal on the switch. The brown or brown/white wire powers the window relay which connects the unfused "hot all the time" wire at connector C17 to fuses 11 and 12. Fuse 11 is for left hand window. Fuse 12 is for right hand window.

A trouble light would be a great tool to check this circuit.

Hope this helps.
johnssi

Re: Power Windows...no power?

Post by johnssi »

Spider 2081, Thanks for advice. This is something I am going to try and tackle this weekend. I do have Brad Artigue's wiring diagram so that should help. Thanks again. John