Removing the trunk badge

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
imario

Removing the trunk badge

Post by imario »

I'm new to the site but I sure have learned a lot by reading posts. I'm re-doing my 79 Spider 2000. The trunk lid badge - is it glued on or does it have pins like the front hood badge :?:
Danno

Post by Danno »

Mario, it has pins like the front. Did you get a new one or are you ditching yours altogether?
imario

Post by imario »

Danno - the badge is so sun worn that it is difficult to see the "Fiat" name. I want to change it to one a bit more decent but I have not looked as yet. Would you perchance have one you are selling. Thanks for the info on the studs. Stupid me, as if Fiat would ever glue their emblems on!! :P
Danno

Post by Danno »

imario wrote:Danno - the badge is so sun worn that it is difficult to see the "Fiat" name. I want to change it to one a bit more decent but I have not looked as yet. Would you perchance have one you are selling. Thanks for the info on the studs. Stupid me, as if Fiat would ever glue their emblems on!! :P
Nope, Mario, mine was sun faded as well....
mbouse

Post by mbouse »

Those that can be had by our suppliers as new replacements are great looking, and the price is very reasonable.
imario

Post by imario »

Mike - Which supplier do you recommend for the badges. There are so many out there, especially on ebay. I have another question. Can anyone show me where to find a Ferrai yellow paint chip? That's the colour I want to do my 79 in. So far, the Mazda yellow is the most appealing to me!
81spider

Post by 81spider »

I have an 81 spider, and I just replaced both of mine. The rear one was exactly like the front. I ordered mine from International-auto.com
It made a huge apperence upgrade.
81spider

Post by 81spider »

Another note: the best tool I found to work was a paint can opener.
Spyderbuddy

Post by Spyderbuddy »

i had mine shaved all around the only fiat badge on my car is under the hood on the air plumun and the spyder on the glove box. i just love to see people try to figure out what it is
Danno

Post by Danno »

81spider wrote:Another note: the best tool I found to work was a paint can opener.
delayed comeback.....you mean a screwdriver?