Front spoiler on a 1980

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
124cso

Re: Front spoiler on a 1980

Post by 124cso »

divace73 wrote: I have also installed an Argenta sump (also have it baffled) to avoid the common problem of the ice cream container 2 L sump

How did you go with the fuel pump??
Also check out brad's web site all CSO owners should have copy of this, it list the bosh number as Fuel Pump
P/N 0 580 464 019
I made an inquirey with the most likely source (in this country) of an Agenta sump but sadly have not heard a thing from them. I understand you have to modify the back corners ? and use a 132 oil pickup ? Is the pump unchanged ?

I did finally get a quote from the bosch people for a fuel pump but huge money so while it keeps going I won't touch it. If it fails, it is just a trip to Ebay and see who's price is best. Most sit at between 1/8 to 1/4 of bosch dealer's price (both landed costs). The same pump is on a number of cars but wreckers want about $80/85 so might as well get new off ebay for $100 to $130.
divace73
Your car is a: 1980 Fiat 124 Spider Silver

Post by divace73 »

yes the back corners do need modifying and the pickup needs changing.
The Argenta is a late model 132, seemingly unloved by most fiat people, I reckon they are a good family car
The fuel pump is 'fairly' common across many cars, should be too difficult to get you hands on one.
Cheers David
-=1980 silver Fiat 124 Spider=-
If you want to see pics of my car (and other random stuff) >>click here<< OR
see my >>You tube channel<<
divace73
Your car is a: 1980 Fiat 124 Spider Silver

Post by divace73 »

double post..
Cheers David
-=1980 silver Fiat 124 Spider=-
If you want to see pics of my car (and other random stuff) >>click here<< OR
see my >>You tube channel<<
pennyshort
Your car is a: 1980 Fiat Spyder 2000

Post by pennyshort »

Good Day,
Does anyone have opinions of wind defector in a 1980 classic 124.
My wife has problem with wind noise and hair restyling .
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

I'm not aware of any options. These cars are by their nature windy and somewhat noisy. Putting the top up helps with the wind, but mine always seem noisier with the top up... Could be my imagination.

-Bryan
dinghyguy
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1981 spider

Post by dinghyguy »

I have 2 spiders, one came with a wind deflector and one came without. The wind deflector does help a fair amount to keep the hair in place. Not needed if you go baid though.
Mine is bolted to the convertible top frame more or less in line with door post. It can hinge down if you want. It does in fact make it a bit harder to put stuff in the back seat, and certainly people can not use the back seat when it is installed. The bottom of it is more or less level with the body line so there is a draft which comes under and between the seats. The mesh also changes your view through the rear view mirror

I think it might be a miata part or one of the venders might sell something.

I also saw a clever idea where a person got a big piece of plexiglass and then drilled a couple of holes for straps that go around the headrest posts and hold it to the back of the seats. I think if i were to want another i would try that solution. That would also allow the deflector to come down lower in the gap between the seats to reduce that draft as well.

Hope that helps
Dinghyguy
1981 Red Spider "Redbob"
1972 blue Volvo 1800ES "Bob"
1998 Red Ford Ranger
F16Waldo
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1983 Pininfarina Spider

Post by F16Waldo »

I bought this from AR 2 years ago.
https://autoricambi.us/tan-double-wind-deflector/

Easy to install and very effective at taming the wind. This model has a horizontal shelf that keeps air from tucking under the deflector too which many others don't have. It also helps retain heat in the car during cool evening rides so I can ride with top down further into the shoulder seasons. And, if you want the extra wind, the top portion folds back and you don't even see it. Different color options too.
Damsels Rescued...Dragons Slain