Abarth Bumperettes

What sets your Spider apart from the rest?
Danno

Post by Danno »

Hjulen wrote:I believe thats a Pontiac Soltice...
yeah, that's what it looks like. On a related note. I saw the Solstice at the Chicago Auto Show and had the oportunnity to sit in it. If you are over 6ft tall you are pretty much screwed. I'm 6'2" and pretty thin. I had major problems getting in comfortably. Once in it was still too small, but a little better. just my 2 cents.
engineerted
Your car is a: 1974 124 spider

Post by engineerted »

Yes, That is a Pontiac Soltice! Wife works for GM. Yes it is a tight fit for anyone who is over 6'. There is alot more room in the spider.
Ted
1978 124 Spider, Complete Restoration
1974 Fiat 124 F Production Race car
Danno

Post by Danno »

engineerted wrote:Yes, That is a Pontiac Soltice! Wife works for GM. Yes it is a tight fit for anyone who is over 6'. There is alot more room in the spider.
But I heard from the Saturn people, that their Sky has more interior space, so if I really wanted another 2 seater (i don't) i could go that route!
Bluedog873

Post by Bluedog873 »

I'll keep looking for the link to where I got it, but I had a really hard time finding it. The guy was super friendly and definitely sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Once I find it, I'll try and post a link to the pictures. If you go onto google images and do a search for the fiat spider and then just scroll down, there's a few that show them without the bumper. Good luck and I'll keep up the hunt!
kapman001

how to get the rear bumper shocks off

Post by kapman001 »

OK, so i managed to get the front bumper shocks off without a problem... but how do I get the rear ones off?? A step by step would be great if someone has a few minutes. Thanks in advance!!!
Danno

Post by Danno »

back ones come off the exact same way. there is one bolt in each. problem is that one on the driver's side! You have to remove the fuel tank to get the bolt to slide out. Now, if you don't need that bolt for anything just cut it off, the fuel tank isn't that hard to remove though.

I'll see what I can pull up for how-to's with regards to pictures and whatnot.
kapman001

how do i get to the bolts

Post by kapman001 »

Mabee I am just crazy, but it seems like the bolts holding the rear bumber shocks are behind a body panel?? Do i need to remove a panel to be able to get to the shocks? Thanks for the response!
Danno

Re: how do i get to the bolts

Post by Danno »

kapman001 wrote:Mabee I am just crazy, but it seems like the bolts holding the rear bumber shocks are behind a body panel?? Do i need to remove a panel to be able to get to the shocks? Thanks for the response!
nope, inside the trunk. I can't remember the size of that bolt, like maybe it took a 3/4" wrench or something. Look down in the spare tire well...

best picture I could find with me here at work I put some red circles where the bolts are....
kapman001

Thanks!

Post by kapman001 »

Thanks for the picture.. that is exactly what I needed!
spiderrey
Your car is a: 70 124 spider-74x19-03 ranger edge

Post by spiderrey »

they r 17 or 19 cant remember.
speaking of the solice, thats one tuff carr. very sexy. would really like ti have cant, cant stop
droolling when i see one on the road.
im gonna take my fiat to the dealer one day to give that car a test drive