wires behind radio console 1978

Gotta love that wiring . . .
psg

wires behind radio console 1978

Post by psg »

I am installing a new radio where there was not one before. There are about 3 double "purple" wires that have a connector on the end. There is also a loose brown wire. Are any of these wires usable as a power source? I also have found a fused black and yellow wire.

Also PO disconnected the key buzzer which makes a terrible racket. Has anyone upgraded to a more pleasant tone? Plus, where is the buzzer actually located? I have not been able find it. Paul
Glasair180
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 124 Sport Spider

Re: wires behind radio console 1978

Post by Glasair180 »

I just installed a stereo in my 77'. I used the wire powering the door buzzer for switched power on my radio. It works nice as the radio is powered any time the key is in the ignition. For the wire requiring full time power into the radio, I spliced off of the cig lighter (I installed a new one of these as well, the FIAT one is longer than normal). I ran a new ground over to the right side where the dash mounts to the square tube that runs across the car.

The buzzer on my 77', and the one on my sons 75' is located under the glove box. It is mounted to a metal plate that attaches to the steel tube running across the car under the dash.

Hope this helps

Sean
1977 Brown Fiat 124 Sport Spider Daily Driver
1977 Red Fiat 124 Sport Spider Project

1996 Silver Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport
2000 Black Moto Guzzi 1100es Quota
Fun Italian Artistic transportation
psg

Re: wires behind radio console 1978

Post by psg »

Thanks. Time it get on my back again! psg