Removing starter with Auto box. 79 2.0 spider.

Gotta love that wiring . . .
paulw106

Removing starter with Auto box. 79 2.0 spider.

Post by paulw106 »

Hello all,

I know from other posts that getting to the top starter motor bolt is to say the least challenging but I was wondering if any one had any specific advice for getting to that top bolt with an auto box in place, I can just about get my hand in and get a UJ and as socket on the bolt head but getting an extra extender on there is proving troublesome due to the extra size of the auto.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

On and while I'm on the subject of electrics, what size battery should the spider have as my existing one is shot and I can't find a reference to the amperage in the service manual.

Cheers in advance,

Paul
Fiat88

Re: Removing starter with Auto box. 79 2.0 spider.

Post by Fiat88 »

Right now I have my intake manifold off and getting to the starter bolts is easier and I have an auto also. I did notice I'm missing one bolt as I think who ever installed the starter I have now left it off due to the difficulty of reaching them. Not sure if you want to remove the manifold though as you gotta drain the radiator but it does give you access to check the oil in your steering box and replace your oil vapor gasket/ fuel pump gasket. :idea: