Clock Repaired

Gotta love that wiring . . .
psg

Clock Repaired

Post by psg »

Radiopilot did a great job making my clock work and however, now I have to clean everything else because the clock looks terrific.

The problem is the clock circuit does not have power. The clock light works but the clock circuit is dead. The wire on the back is red/black. I lose the wire in the big loom. The Haynes manual says it is on its own independent fuse but I can't find it. How is power supplied to the clock? I also wonder if this could be related to the gas gauge light not working....probably not but just thought I would mention it. psg :cry:
radiopilot

Re: Clock Repaired

Post by radiopilot »

Paul,

I'm very pleased you like the repaired clock... regarding the issues with power to the clock one way I fixed the power to the clock and the radio was to install a new 10 amp fused wire from the battery to the radio console, this wire now supplies constant power to the clock and radio independent of the ignition wiring... works great and I can listen to the radio without the key in the ignition.

Nick
psg

Post by psg »

Can the lighter circuit be used and where have you spliced in to the clock circuit? psg
radiopilot

Post by radiopilot »

psg wrote:Can the lighter circuit be used and where have you spliced in to the clock circuit? psg
Why not... but put a 1/2 amp fuse on the positive side of the power to the clock... don't want to zap that clock with too much current.

Nick