Turn signal not working correctly

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Flyingthere

Turn signal not working correctly

Post by Flyingthere »

I have found an issue with my front right turn signal. With the marker lights and or headlights on I am finding the right front is not flashing correctly. What I mean by correctly the marker light stays on and the turnsignal (second filiment lights) becomes brighter. The left and rear turn signals are working correctly, When I found the problem the signal was not doing anything. I replaced the flasher and it started flashing like it is now. In addition I checked the wiring and believe it is connected correctly.

Any suggestions?
mbouse

Re: Turn signal not working correctly

Post by mbouse »

#1, look for and find the grounding pod on the inside fender, near the front. looks like a bottle cap, or a crown.

clean and tighten all the grounds.

then if you are still having issues, remove the lens, remove the bulb and clean the socket. replace the bulb with a new bulb.
katsi

Post by katsi »

When I was working throught the lighting system, I too found that the ground connections were weak. Making a better ground made everything work as it should. Unfortunatly, it took me about a week to figure it out. :mrgreen:
So Cal Mark

Post by So Cal Mark »

definitely a ground issue
Flyingthere

Post by Flyingthere »

Thanks guys, I have not had a chance to look at it but I think your correct it has to be a ground issue. I will work on it this next weekend and let you know.