Fuel Pump Relay Wiring

Gotta love that wiring . . .
Newell33

Fuel Pump Relay Wiring

Post by Newell33 »

Hi Guys

I tried to start my '77 124 for the first time last night. I noticed that the previous owner has the fuel pump wired to stay on all of the time. Can anyone tell me where the fuel pump relay(s) are located and how the system should actually be wired? Can you tell me what color of wires I should be looking for, starting at the key switch? I'd definitely like to get this thing wired properly and would appreciate any info that could be given.

Thanks!
Josh
manoa matt
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat 124 Spider 1800

Re: Fuel Pump Relay Wiring

Post by manoa matt »

77 models originally came with a mechanical fuel pump. Check on the lower drivers side of the engine block below the intake manifold to see if the mechanical pump is still there. 76 models did come with an electric fuel pump and the associated relay and wiring. It should not be too hard to wire in a relay into the circuit if you follow and compare the 76 to 77 wiring diagrams. You can download them from this site: http://www.spidercenter.com/ go to the "hot downloads" tab on the left side.
Newell33

Re: Fuel Pump Relay Wiring

Post by Newell33 »

Thanks for the reply

This car was manufactured in 09/76 and does have a factory electric fuel pump in the trunk. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Thanks,
Josh