Exhaust Gas Sensor

Gotta love that wiring . . .
jmajda12
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat Spider

Exhaust Gas Sensor

Post by jmajda12 »

New owner of 1981 Spider....

Had a coolant issue on recently purchased car, fan would not come on. Started to troubleshoot and found a house light switch, yes, I said that right, a house light switch with 14/2 electrical wiring running up to turn the fan on when it would it get up to around 190. So as I start digging, I found an aftermarket cruise control system also installed. I removed both...

Here is my issue, as I was doing that, I removed dash and such to get everything out, ensure all wires were connected in correct location, and all lights had a ground as needed for them to work. Well, I get everything back together, and now I have the EXHAUST GAS SENSOR indicator. Not sure if they loosened the bulb, removed a wire or what.

I replaced the sensor and pushed the reset button down by the gas pedal, but the light is still on. Any ideas why it will not go out? I know it just means to replace at 30,000 miles, should I just remove the light bulb and not worry about it?

Thanks and have learned a lot on the forum.

Jerry
jmajda12
Your car is a: 1981 Fiat Spider

Re: Exhaust Gas Sensor

Post by jmajda12 »

Sorry for the multiple post, I kept getting and error message when hitting "submit"