Heater core replace or repair.

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
Mheinle
Your car is a: 1980 spider

Heater core replace or repair.

Post by Mheinle »

Hi all,
I pulled the center console to refresh it with some new paint. During the process I decided to troubleshoot my heater cable not working. I thought the cable was bad, but instead I found the heater valve is totally stuck...I have read a bunch of other posts and wonder what the group thoughts are. Do I replace the valve and flush the system maybe servicing the core while I am at it, or just replace the whole system from AR? It is like $173, but seems like it might be the best long term solution. What would you do?
Tcamp
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1973 Fiat Spider

Re: Heater core replace or repair.

Post by Tcamp »

big job but its winter, well worth doing it all/ you can do lots of other fine up touch ups while apart /fun job i did our car piece of mind and the car deserves it
Mheinle
Your car is a: 1980 spider

Re: Heater core replace or repair.

Post by Mheinle »

Thanks for the thoughts, I did some more inspection and messing around, I definitely think replacing the whole core is best now. The bolts and bits I can see look horribly corroded. I am a little nervous about getting it all apart. Just gotta save a few bucks up to buy the stuff. And research research research....