Need top installation instructions please

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
stuartrubin
Your car is a: 1975 Fiat 124 Spider

Need top installation instructions please

Post by stuartrubin »

I just ordered a top from AutoBerry https://www.autoberry.com/details.php?products_id=22. I guess I should have done a little more research because when I asked about instructions, I got this:
"We apologize for the inconvenience, however, we do not offer installation instructions. For best results we recommend professional installation. However, a vast majority of our customers are able to locate videos online and on Youtube and successfully install their own tops."
So, I guess now I need to find the instructions myself. I'm guessing it's not as simple as reversing the steps to take the old top off!
Can anyone please steer me towards instructions for a different brand? I assume that installation is similar from one brand to another.
Anyone know of a good You Tube or other online resource? There are lots for other models, but none that I have found that are specific to our beloved Spiders.
Thank you!
Stuart
1975 FIAT 124 Spider
Il Mostro di Frankenstein
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Re: Need top installation instructions please

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

I have no idea where I got it, but I have an MS Word document that appears to be a translated version of the top replacement instructions for a Fiat spider, evidently cobbled together from some of the factory manual info as well as info from topsonline.com. It's not an outstanding set of instructions, but it does have pictures and looks like it will be helpful.

If you PM me your email address, I'd be happy to send it to you. If anyone else wants it, send me your email as well.

-Bryan
PS: I can also provide some general guidance via this forum, but it's been a while since I've done one. My two spiders are now garaged, and the tops last considerably longer than they did when the cars sat out in the elements.
stuartrubin
Your car is a: 1975 Fiat 124 Spider

Post by stuartrubin »

18Fiatsandcounting wrote:If you PM me your email address, I'd be happy to send it to you. If anyone else wants it, send me your email as well.
PM Sent. Thank you so much for your help!
Stuart
1975 FIAT 124 Spider
Il Mostro di Frankenstein
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

stuartrubin wrote:PM Sent. Thank you so much for your help!
I would have thought a PM would be instantaneous, but apparently not. However, when it does come through, I'll send you the document. You might check that your PM did successfully get sent.

-Bryan
PaulC
Patron 2022
Patron 2022
Your car is a: 1979 Fiat Spider 2000

Post by PaulC »

The shop manual actually has fairly complete instructions.
We used this to install ours and it worked out quite well.