Fuse Panel and Wiring Puzzle

Gotta love that wiring . . .
SpiderGuy
Your car is a: 1981 Pininfarina Spider 2000 5 spd

Fuse Panel and Wiring Puzzle

Post by SpiderGuy »

1981 Spider 2000 fuel injected
Trying to find out if my fuse panel and wires are correct
first picture shows that there are NO fuses in block #N or #M ..Missing?

2nd picture shows the wires connected to the TOP pins (single Row of pins)
There is a yellow jumper wire connecting wires #1 and #2 together (Pink to Blue) Factory? or Bubba Mod?
There are No wires connected to pins 4,6,8,12 (12 has no fuse) (however 4,6,8 do have fuses) but with no wires ?

3rd picture shows wires connected to the double row LOWER Pin connections (with the top row wires removed for clarity)
there are wires to 15 pins but no wire to #12 (a connection that has no fuse in #N )

also I found there is a Stray Red wire not connected and a stray White wire not connected. Are these 2 wires supposed to be connect to fuse pins or do they belong somewhere else?
Last edited by SpiderGuy on Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpiderGuy

Re: Fuse Panel and Wiring Puzzle

Post by SpiderGuy »

edit delete..reposted the pictures with correct letters and numbers and puzzled why the Italian Guys skipped letters J and K for the fuses..just to make the puzzle more challenging ?.. hahha..oh well at least they make good wine, spaghetti and Beautiful Car Bodies :P
Last edited by SpiderGuy on Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

SpiderGuy wrote: {funny how they skipped the letters J and K}
I wondered about this too, and then it occurred to me: The letters J and K are not part of the traditional Italian alphabet. Nor are W, X, and Y. How cool is that?!

More on your wiring issues later.

-Bryan
SpiderGuy

Post by SpiderGuy »

18Fiatsandcounting wrote:
SpiderGuy wrote: {funny how they skipped the letters J and K}
I wondered about this too, and then it occurred to me: The letters J and K are not part of the traditional Italian alphabet. Nor are W, X, and Y. How cool is that?!

More on your wiring issues later.

-Bryan
Thanx Bryan, I re-posted the pictures and description after I re-numbered and lettered all the fuse and wire connections ..my original post had them all backwards and upside down inside out..I did not see the micro script on the panel until I had it clear out of the car to clean up all the brass connections.

This picture is of the Lower Double row of Pins and Wires with the Top Row of Wires removed for visibility

spider2081
Patron 2024
Patron 2024
Your car is a: 1981 Spider 2000

Post by spider2081 »

I think the white wire goes on the empty fused terminal on fuse 1. The light blue /white wire is already on the other fused terminal for fuse 1. The pink wire is the feed side of fuse 1

I think the red wire goes to the fused side of fuse 12. It is for the right hand electric window. Fuse 11 is for the left hand electric window. If your car does not have electric windows these fuses are not used.
SpiderGuy

Post by SpiderGuy »

spider2081 wrote:I think the white wire goes on the empty fused terminal on fuse 1. The light blue /white wire is already on the other fused terminal for fuse 1. The pink wire is the feed side of fuse 1

I think the red wire goes to the fused side of fuse 12. It is for the right hand electric window. Fuse 11 is for the left hand electric window. If your car does not have electric windows these fuses are not used.

OK Thanx, My car does not have electric windows so that might explain not needing fuses in ( #N fuse 12 wire) or (#M fuse #11 wire)