Need some help selling wheels/tires

General chat about the car goes in here.
CodysFiat
Your car is a: 1977 Spider

Need some help selling wheels/tires

Post by CodysFiat »

Hi all,

My car came with a few sets of wheel/tire combos. They are taking up room in the garage so I posted them and a few other random parts for sale on Facebook. I have a guy interested in buying a set of 4 tires and front and rear bumper (American version) from me but I have no idea what a fair price is. I'm not trying to make a ton of money but at the same time, I'm not trying to give them away. The guy is a nice Spider lover like myself so I'd like to give him a deal. Let me know what you think. (P.S. the bumpers aren't included in the photos but they are pretty much brand new off a 77'. Chrome is pretty much near perfect and the rubber is still dark black with no cracks or dryness.)

Zoofly
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1978 Fiat 124 Spider

Re: Need some help selling wheels/tires

Post by Zoofly »

Those are Western Cyclone/Turbine rims. I have them on my 78. I think $80 per is a fair price. Probably a bit on the low end though.
2020 124 Spider Abarth
2019 Alpha Romeo Stelvio - sold
1977 Triumph Spitfire
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Classica - sold
1999 Jaguar XK8 - sold
1998 BMW Z3 - sold
1988 Pontiac Fiero - sold
TheBender
Patron 2019
Patron 2019
Your car is a: 1978 124 Spider

Re: Need some help selling wheels/tires

Post by TheBender »

Hopefully they are local and can pick them up as shipping might kill the deal. Hard to price things like this for me too. I would start reviewing retail…… Midwest sells a set of those wheels for $399 condition 8.5 of 10, new tires that size are $60ish each, and bumpers who knows (Midwest sells bumper ends for $40ea, metal part didn’t see listed but probably a couple hundred). Factor in you’re not a retailer and it’s enthusiast to enthusiast……somewhere between a few cold beers and a few hundred bucks….???? I tossed my tube bumpers a few years ago, didn’t realize there was a demand for clean ones. :shock: