ORIGINAL UPHOLSTERY QUESTION

This is the place to discuss restoration problems, post questions or projects-complete or partial.
tonys1980124
Your car is a: 1980fiat spider 2000

ORIGINAL UPHOLSTERY QUESTION

Post by tonys1980124 »

So im looking at the upholstery on my car 1976, seats are white with black piping the back of the front seats have like a plastic kick plate also white on both drier an passenger side. back seat is also white. ive looked on line and cant find another spider 124 with these seats, black red blue and tan , but not white. so I guess was white a factory direct upholstery item or a custom order? any ideas...
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Re: ORIGINAL UPHOLSTERY QUESTION

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

White seats are pretty rare, although that's the extent of my knowledge. But are they pure white or just a cream color? I have seen cream colored seats, but never pure white.

-Bryan
tonys1980124
Your car is a: 1980fiat spider 2000

Post by tonys1980124 »

i think they look white, they could be cream maybe. I was going thru some photos of my first fiat a 1975 124 with what I can only sat as a so 1970s interior. had to be something someone did to the car. I cant even think of what a car could do that was so wrong that someone would punish it with putting in crushed red velvet door panels, red seats, carpet the center consoles were all done in this red velvet, they even went as far as to cover the top of the dash and the glove box in it. accented with red map pockets and the red panels in the back seat area. no car should have that much red crushed velvet in it. I have pics of this car to prove it wasn't a nightmare...

but back to the 1976. could be cream or white. front seats will clean up ok, back seat will need to be recovered, but I like the white with black accents, I plan on keeping it that way.

I put some pics in a bucket on my desk I labeled photo. im waiting for them to find its was to the internet... hahaha :D
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

Well, it couldn't be worse than what my wife's friends did for her 50th birthday. They rented a red Cadillac totally tricked out with a red interior, and they temporarily installed a "prophylactic" dispenser in the rear seat. My wife's friends told her this came as an option in that model year.... You can imagine the fun that ensued with 5 ladies celebrating my wife's 50th birthday party in this Caddy. I'm kinda glad I was outta town that weekend... :roll:

-Bryan