Original appearance of the heater control panel background AS 1st series

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
99DG73
Your car is a: 1967 Fiat Sport Spider AS

Original appearance of the heater control panel background AS 1st series

Post by 99DG73 »

As I am restoring the dashboard of my 1967 AS Spider 1st serie, I'd like to see if I can also do the panel of the heater controls. The first series has these controls under the dashboard (per 1968 these controls moved to the floor behind the gear shifter).

I am considering the development of a sticker to place over the current panel. A photo of my new dashboard can serve as background to match the colour. My question is about the colours for the dots next to the handles. Colours on the panel are faded and difficult to identify, unfortunately I have not found a way to add an image to my post. Searching the web has not helped so far to find the original colours.

The upper handle on the right side is to adjust temperature and the blue dot is the only one that is recognisable. Obviously, the opposite dot should be red. The lower handle on the right is to adjust the inflow of air. The right dot looks great with a white border, the left dot is lighter grey with a white border.

Does anyone has an idea what these colours should be? https://photos.app.goo.gl/CNZhQs6HVFR72nK9A
Last edited by 99DG73 on Sun May 03, 2020 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Re: Original appearance of the heater control panel background AS 1st series

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

Wow, 99DG73, a '67 spider! I'm impressed. To be honest, I have never seen one of these so pictures would help. To post a picture on this site, you have to upload it to a 3rd party site (smugmug, imgur, google, etc) and then link to that on your post.

-Bryan
99DG73
Your car is a: 1967 Fiat Sport Spider AS

Post by 99DG73 »

Thanks for the suggestion Bryan, tried to add images of the heater panel to my post.
18Fiatsandcounting
Your car is a: 1969 and 1971 124 spiders

Post by 18Fiatsandcounting »

Thanks for the photo, and I do know that different colors have different "lifetimes" when exposed to sunlight and such. So, my guess is that your original thought is correct: The top lever has a blue dot on the right and a red dot on the left, and the bottom lever has a dark grey circle on the right and a much lighter grey (maybe even white) on the left. Sort of like the air vent icons on modern cars where one color means fully open and the other color means fully closed.

Just guesses on my part, though. If you spent some time googling images of the interior of a '67 spider, you might come across one that had a more definitive answer.

For example: http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/profil ... 1282566088

-Bryan